I don’t know if the Lyrica is doing its thing, I really don’t.
I made the executive decision to forgo waiting the allotted 2-3 weeks before increasing the doseage.
I’m getting to the point where I’m seriously doubting whether anything will settle out my pain. It’s tiresome and disheartening having to deal with the neverending pain day in and day out, no matter what I do to try to diminish it. I would say, realistically, that my pain has become a daily occurance and oh gyah.. the hangovers -_-;;
Sitting here in the loft, two days after increasing the Lyrica, I’m feeling slightly “better” but I don’t know if it will last. I’m scared that nothing will work in the end and I’ll be left with nothing to numb my pain (and senses) but stronger and stronger narcotics for pain relief. As it stands now, it’s the only thing that works. I have so much anger and frustration going on with trying to deal with the pain and pain meds. It’s ridiculously tiring.
I guess we’ll just have to see… I just don’t know if I have the patience anymore.
Time for some talk about tastier things:
I’ve been craving pasta lately. It’s strange, because I haven’t been eating it much in a good long time… it’s probably the Lyrica talking. As always, some of the side effects include the munchies and weight gain *eyeroll* I didn’t notice having the munchies with the Anti-D’s, but holy cow, the Lyrica? Sometimes all I want is to do is munch and one of the drawbacks to constantly wanting to munch, is never wanting to cook.
I can’t blame it all on the Lyrica though, I’ve not been wanting to cook for the last month — I think it’s a combination of trying to get the Anti-D’s out of my system and trying to push through the exhaustion I’ve been fighting with.
SO! Pasta. What does one make in the middle of the night when completely doped up on stuff? Tonight I made a sort of walnut sauce. Easy to make stuff, to be honest. I’ve been making great use of my new-to-me iPod Touch and there’s been a lot of Youtube watching of recipes in the middle of the night.
The pasta recipe I made came from Nigella and is super duper easy: Pasta in Walnut Sauce
You basically throw everything into the blender as the pasta cooks and when the pasta’s done, toss everything together and lubricate it with a little of the pasta water if needed. My super duper simple version used leftover garlic bread I had sitting in the fridge in place of the regular piece of bread. And the other minor change I made was to use asiago cheese, because that’s what I had on hand.
Super simple and super tasty. I’m not going to bother with listing quantities mainly because it was just a toss together thing with me eyeing up the proportions I thought would work with the small amount of noodles I was making just for me with enough for leftovers.
Linguine with Garlic Bready Walnut Sauce.
1 slice of garlic bread, not too thick
salt & pepper
linguine or any other fave pasta shape, be it long or short
– Put noodles on to cook.
– Meanwhile, place garlic bread in a bowl and cover with enough milk for the bread to drink up and to make slodgy.
– In a dry frying pan over medium heat, toast enough walnuts to cover the bottom of the pan until fragrant.
– Remove pan from heat and let walnuts cool slightly.
– In blender, add toasted walnuts, soaked bread with its residual milk, a handful of asiago cheese.
– Blend all ingredients together until smooth-ish, add a little extra milk if needed to help liquify the sauce.
– Pour in a little bit of olive oil, just enough to lubricate and make fragrant.
– Drain pasta, but not too well, and reserve a bowl-ful of cooking water. Pour pasta into a large bowl.
– Add the walnut-bread sauce and toss to coat, adding some reserved pasta water to help lubricate.
– Season with salt & pepper, to taste, and serve.
I’m tired, so my recipe writing has pretty much tanked for the evening.